About my performances
Favorite performances include:
- Waldermer “Van” Driver, the aging hippy, in several Van Driver productions with the Operating Theater Company at the Cherry Lane Theater as part of their Cherry Lane Alternative series;
- Edwin Rochester in Sibyl Kempson’s adaptation of Jane Eyre, The Witch of Problymm Plantation at Dixon Place;
- Mr. Sinclair in Kenny Finkle’s The Fantastic and Naturally Tragic Ballad of Esmeralda and Mr. Sinclair at The House of Candles theater in New York City’s Lower East Side.
- Gregers/Marlon Brando in Mike Taylor’s Not Knowing at The Kitchen in New York City.
- Dr. Schüler hosting The Doctor Schüler Medicine Show at El Cid and The MET Theater in Los Angeles.
- Arkady in Laurie MacCleod’s production Twelve Incantations, the first resident dance company at The Massachusetts Museum of Contemporary Art, where I was suspended from a steel crane and danced on the walls.
MORE INFO ON SOME OF THE SHOWS I’VE PERFORMED IN:
In the London Times classified section, a British family is advertising the rental of a cozy bedroom within their spacious flat. Once a week applicants are invited into the home to be interviewed and the chosen tenant mysteriously disappears – perhaps because their eldest daughter is a closet sociopath or because their youngest son […]
Have you ever wondered about the nature of reality, the source of morality, and the paradox of human experience? Join the creators of Are You ALIVE?! for a journey into the mind and back again! Participate in a game show to win fabulous prizes, question your very existence, and face the challenge of a lifetime… Are You ALIVE?! is […]
Revolutionary, wordsmith, and world explorer, Waldo “Van” Driver spread his wisdom in the West Village as part of The Cherry Lane Theater’s Cherry Pit Late Nite series – a flashback to the dawn of the Age of Aquarius, Van Driver is a 1960’s style happening exploring life-altering experiences and the bohemian counter-culture. Waldemer Driver, best known as […]
This participatory performance with interactive media was designed to encourage audiences to explore a collective altered state of consciousness. Inspired by rites of passage and initiation, the event was set in an exploratorium that created shifts in the perception of self, space-time and reality. The journey through the experience engineers an altered state of consciousness that mirrors a […]
A performance art piece by Andrea Lauer and Jason Schuler titled, Maraschino Autopsy Report, presented in Red Hook Brooklyn comments on public incidents surrounding to a local cherry factory and how the events relate to the changing landscape of the neighborhood. The event took place during a musical performance in the back yard of a neighbor whose property abutted the […]